Prospect research allows fundraisers to learn more about potential or existing donors’ personal backgrounds, giving histories, wealth indicators, and philanthropic motivations to evaluate a prospect’s capacity to give affinity toward an organization. This workshop will cover a variety of tools and resources freely available to help your nonprofit build a prospect research program from the ground up.
Upon completion of these workshop you should be able to:
- Identify several key wealth indicators about a prospective donor
- Research foundations as potential funders
- Evaluate prospects for your organization
- Fundraisers looking to develop new skills.
- Nonprofit employees seeking to develop a prospect research program.
- Students interested in gaining knowledge about the nonprofit sector and fundraising.
- Volunteers or board members who want to help their organizations with tangible fundraising skills.
This program is in partnership with the Center for Nonprofit Resources.